Cover: On the last lift of the competition, Matthias Steiner (Germany) cleaned and jerked the 258 kg he needed to win the Olympic gold medal.
- Matthias Steiner Delivers an Al Michaels Moment by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
- Grandpa: On Being Tough by Eric Todd
- The Barbell and Dumbbell Anyhow by Roger Davis
- “Gimme a Little Bit of Hangin'” by Gabriel Josiah
- It’s Football Season So…More on Training and Football by Dr. Ken E. Leistner
- It’s Not DiGiorno, It’s Delivery: Geezer Training to Deliver Maximum Force over (Father) Time and Space by Kent Durso
- The Catskill Eagle by Steve Jeck
- Foundations: Building Mental Toughness by Jon Bruney
- Freak Show by Steven Helmicki
- Battling Ropes Tsunami by John Brookfield
- The Effects of No Testosterone on Muscular Development: One Man’s Story by Arnold Pope
- Hold and Release by Joseph H. Wolfenbergr
- Perfect Manhood by Mike Miller
- Battling the Weak Links by Bill Star
- Beef: it’s What’s Needed for Strength by John Christy
- More Questions & Answers: Souped-up Soup by John McCallum
- Off-Balance Training by Steve Justa
- Your Head’s in the Way: Hindsight is Foresight by Steven Helmicki
- Manual Labour and Strength Training: Finding a Balance by Ken Best
- Distal Biceps Rupture and Repair: A Stonelifter’s Journey Takes a Road Less Traveled by William Crawford, M.D.
- 2008 Olympic Games: The Big Story on Steiner and One Lift to Go by Jim Schmitz
- 2008 Master’s World Highland Games Championships: Treated Like Kings in Saline by William Scruggs, Ph.D.
- Top Guns Shoot for the Stars at the 2008 USAF Unified National Armwrestling Championships by Denise Wattles
- Birthdays, Big Throws, and Bonus Awards at the 2008 U.S. Invitational Heavy Events Championships and IHGF World Hammer Championships by Francis Brebner
- Russian Men of Might: Viktor Solovyev–Ukrainian Star by Joseph Svub
- Bert Assirati: The Islington Hercules by Ron Tyrrell
- A Gifted All-Round Athlete: Max Dauthage by Gherardo Bonini